＞ The 34th SANDA International Masters Marathon｜Outline
1. Event Name: The 34th Sanda International Masters Marathon
2. Date: Sunday, December 18, 2022
7:50 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. Reception
9:15 a.m. Opening Ceremony
10:30 a.m. Start of Half Marathon
10:45 a.m. Start of Fun Run
(1) Half Marathon: Sanda half marathon course
(2) Fun Run: 2km course, the halfway point is Sanda City Fire Department
(Start/Finish place is the same as Half Marathon)
(1) Half Marathon [Runners are to register their age on the event day (Dec. 18).]
(2) Fun Run [All men and women aged six (elementary school students) and above.]
5. Maximum Number of Participants:
(1) Half Marathon: 5,500 (including medical runners)
(2) Fun Run: 500
6. Time Limit:
(1) Half Marathon: 2 hours and 30 minutes
The first checkpoint (13.7km point) must be passed within 1 hour and 40 minutes.
The second checkpoint (18.6km point) must be passed within 2 hours and 10 minutes.
(2) Fun Run: 30 minutes
* The time limit will be based on the starting pistol.
7. Event Fee:
(1) Half Marathon: 4,300 yen per person
(3,800 yen for registrants of Masters Athletics Federation)
(2) Fun Run: 500 yen per person
(1) Half Marathon: Men and women aged 18 years old and above on the day of the event
(Entry of high school students is not permitted.)
(2) Fun Run: Men and women from elementary school age and above
(Elementary school students must be accompanied by their parents until they start.)
* Participants are required to be in good health and capable of completing the race.
9. Entry Procedure:
●Entry start: Monday, August 1, 2022
●Online application deadline: Monday, October 10, 2022
Apply through RUNNET website. Access https://runnet.jp/ and search for「三田国際」 “sandakokusai” in Japanese.)
●Postal transfer deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022
Fill in the dedicated postal transfer form (copy not accepted) and pay the entry fee at Japan Post Bank or Post Office windows.
* Please bear the transfer fee by yourself.
If you need a dedicated postal transfer form, please contact below.
＜Request for dedicated postal transfer forms＞
Sanda International Masters Marathon Entry Center
C/O Chopper. Co. Ltd., Athlete Building,
2923-2, Kiyotani-cho, Ono-shi, Hyogo, 675-1317, Japan
TEL: 0794-70-8200 (Reception hours: Weekdays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
＜Request Period: August 1 – (NLT) September 23 ＞
Please inform us of the event name, the number of forms required, recipient’s name and address.
(1) Half Marathon: The starting block will be designated based on the declared time in the application form, regardless of your registration with JAAF (Japan Association of Athletics Federations).
(2) Fun Run:Runners will be required to line up in numerical order of bib number.
(1) Half Marathon:
・Top six finishers in each category will be awarded.
・The name list of top ten finishers in each category will be posted at the event site.
・The award ceremony for top three finishers in each category will be held separately on stage.
(2) Fun Run:
A finisher’s certificate will be issued.
12. Participation Prize:
(1) Half Marathon:
① Advance shipping: an original event T-shirt
(It is designed by Eichi Emu, a manga artist from Sanda City, whose manga “Pinka Ponka” is serialized in a monthly comic magazine “Gessan” published by SHOGAKUKAN.
② Participation prize on the day: local specialty
(2) Fun Run: a sport towel
13. Guide Runner:
(1) Half Marathon: Participants unable to run without support are allowed to run with one guide runner per person.
(2) Fun Run: Only first to third grade elementary school children or wheelchair runners who need support are permitted to run with guide runners.
* Guide runners are required to register at the reception desk and wear guide runner bibs.
14. Guest Runner: Kobayashi Yuriko (Former women’s 1,500m Japan record holder)
① Post-entry cancellation and refund of entry fee will not be permitted.
② Runners who fail to abide by event rules will be disqualified and may be banned from future participation.
③ Participants are responsible for their own health management.
④ The organizer will not be responsible for any accident, sickness, or loss of personal belongings during the event, beyond providing emergency first-aid relief.
⑤ Medical runners will attend the race.
⑥ In case of event cancellation or reduction in scale due to natural disaster, incident, accident or disease, the organizer will be responsible for making a decision on the refund of entry fee, its amount, and the method of notification and others.